MOULD LINE GAS SPRING
THE SMART ALTERNATIVE TO A LATCH LOCKING UNIT FIBRO MOULD LINE GAS SPRING
FML Gas Spring is specially developed for mould making and is characterised by its high force, its small size, a long service life at least 1,000,000 strokes and a constant operating temperature of 120°C.
The use of this spring type provides the majority of functions as a latch locking unit.
Gas springs MOULD LINE are an ideal supplement to and expansion of the traditional FIBRO product lines of helical, disc and elastomer springs for manufacturing tools, devices, moulds and machines. Gas springs can be used for all applications where lift movements are required in parallel to mould opening.
Gas springs MOULD LINE are filled with nitrogen and do not require any pressure space that is positioned externally or in tool plates. They also require no gas supply lines. In certain special cases, however, monitoring of charge pressure in the installed state is required. These may be found in the list of accessory products if needed.
As long as all mounting details are laid out with due circumspection, it is no problem at all to remove and install gas springs MOULD LINE.
Functioning The pressure medium is a commercially available, environment-friendly nitrogen. MOULD LINE gas springs have a standard charge pressure of max. 150 bar.
In operation the piston rod enters the spring space whose volume is progressively reduced. With an increasing stroke length, the volume of the pressure chamber is reduced. The resulting increase in pressure can be read from the diagram of the spring size as a factor. The final force is therefore the initial spring force x pressure build-up factor.
Operating temp. The spring temperature should not exceed +120 °C.
Charge pressure Modification of charge pressure allows variation of the force rating and can be predetermined from the spring diagram.
MOULD LINE gas springs can be used in any installation position. Whether or not external forces act on them when at rest is of no consequence. And can therefore be calculated easily.
MOULD LINE gas springs are designed for long-term maintenance-free operation. We recommend lightly oiling the piston rod before using. Sealing and guide elements can be replaced easily in very little time. They are available in a spare parts kit. Each spare parts kit comes with detailed instructions for maintenance of gas springs.
Advantages of the FIBRO MOULD LINE range:
- Very little calibration work required in the tool
- No lubrication required
- No maintenance required for up to 1.000.000 strokes1)
- Variably adjustable forces
- For mould temperatures of up to 120°C
- Approved as per the European Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/ EU (14th GSGV regulation for pressure vessels)
- Standard safety features (FIBRO Safer Choice)2)
- Safety piston rod
- Excess pressure protection
- Overstroke protection
- A pressure monitoring system makes it possible to recognise an impending failure at an early point (prevention)
- No tool breakage if the 2nd separation level is locked (the plate comes to a standstill; after the jam is removed, production can be resumed)
- Used worldwide in one million FIBRO gas springs
- Cost savings: approximately 60-70% (e.g. compared to a latch-locking unit)
FML GAS SPRING
FML GAS SPRING_3479.030
FML GAS SPRING_3479.032
- No file found!